6th Joint Economic Briefing
By DCCP on Tuesday, July 6, 2021 - 15:00 to 17:00 in online
Opportunities in the Philippines more than a year into Covid, with an Emphasis on FDIs
2020 has shown a collapse in global foreign direct investments of 42%, estimated at $859B, from $1.5T in 2019. The decline in developing economies measuring at -12% estimated at $616B.
The Philippines logged a total of $961M in net inflows of foreign direct investments in the first month of 2021, which, compared to January 2020, is higher by 41.5%.
With the current issues on vaccine roll-out, waves of pandemic risks, fragile macroeconomic situations in emerging markets, and the uncertainties of global policy investment, FDIs remain a key factor in generating more jobs and reinvigorating the economy.
As the Philippines joins other countries in the region for the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) and the passing of the CREATE Bill, all are hopeful that the country will rebound better and faster.
This year's virtual edition: the 6th Joint Economic Briefing, is organized through the collective efforts of Advantage Austria, the Australian - New Zealand Chamber of Commerce, the British Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines, the Dutch Chamber of Commerce in the Philippines, the European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines, the Nordic Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines, and the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in the Philippines (La Camara).
The group brings together thought leaders to analyze and share their insights into what the future holds for FDIs in the Philippines.
Joining the lineup of this online event, invited speakers and panelists are:
- Secretary Carlos G. Dominguez , Department of Finance
- Governor Benjamin E. Diokno, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP)
- Honorable Stella Luz A. Quimbo, House of Representatives
- Mr. Kelly Bird, Country Director for the Philippines, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Mr. Jonathan L. Ravelas, First Vice President and Chief Market Strategist of BDO Unibank, Inc
- Mr. Michael Kurt Raeuber, Chairman and Group CEO, Royal Cargo, Inc.
- Ms. Kavita Hanz, General Manager, Diageo
We invite you to attend this virtual event on the 6th of July, from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
Chamber Partner Members: 2 complimentary tickets
Additional Member Attendee: PHP500